Russian Teacakes


Source: Betty Crocker Cookbook
My mom made these cookies every Christmas, I make these cookies every Christmas. Can’t find many people who do not like them! I know this sounds ridiculous, but I have a note on my recipe to make 6-8 times the recipe for Christmas…Baking and sending cookies for Christmas is something I do every year and Russian Teacakes are always a favorite. Seriously, if you are going bake these cookies, one times the recipe will not be enough…Double it…You will not be saying “Darn, I have too many cookies.” Russian Teacakes will be gobbled up in no time.

1 cup butter
½ cup sifted confectioners’ sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 ¼ cups Flour
¼ tsp. salt
¾ cup finely chopped nuts.
  • Mix butter, sugar and vanilla thoroughly.
  • Blend flour and salt; stir in.
  • Mix in nuts. Chill.
  • Heat oven to 400 degrees.
  • Roll into 1” balls.
  • Place on ungreased baking sheet.
  • Bake 10 to 12 min.
  • While still warm, roll in confectioners’ sugar. (I shake the baked cookies in a gallon size plastic bag filled with confectioners’ sugar.)
  • Cool. Roll or shake in sugar again. I usually shake them 3 times in the sugar
  • Makes about 4 doz. 1” cookies.
Note: Place strips of wax paper under the cooling racks to make cleanup easier.

1 comment:

Vanessa Houk said...

I can't believe I went so many years as a picky eater and refused to eat these b/c they looked gross...the minute I tasted them, at like age 20, they became my favorite!