Source: Betty Crocker Cookbook
My mom made these cookies every Christmas, I make these cookies every Christmas. Can’t find many people who do not like them! I know this sounds ridiculous, but I have a note on my recipe to make 6-8 times the recipe for Christmas…Baking and sending cookies for Christmas is something I do every year and Russian Teacakes are always a favorite. Seriously, if you are going bake these cookies, one times the recipe will not be enough…Double it…You will not be saying “Darn, I have too many cookies.” Russian Teacakes will be gobbled up in no time.
1 cup butter
½ cup sifted confectioners’ sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 ¼ cups Flour
¼ tsp. salt
¾ cup finely chopped nuts.
- Mix butter, sugar and vanilla thoroughly.
- Blend flour and salt; stir in.
- Mix in nuts. Chill.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Roll into 1” balls.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 min.
- While still warm, roll in confectioners’ sugar. (I shake the baked cookies in a gallon size plastic bag filled with confectioners’ sugar.)
- Cool. Roll or shake in sugar again. I usually shake them 3 times in the sugar
- Makes about 4 doz. 1” cookies.