Source: Patricia Swindell—Kinston, NC, best darn southern cook I ever met! She brought me a hunk of this cake in some tin foil back in 1976. It is by far one of the best things I've ever tasted! YUM and more YUM!
2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
3 tsp. baking powder
2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1 cup oil
3 cups shredded carrots (can't have too many carrots)
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Add oil then add eggs one at a time.
- Do not use electric mixer!! MIX BY HAND.
- Add carrots.
- Bake in 3 round greased and floured pans at 350 degrees until toothpick comes out clean.
- Warning: Do not over cook!
- Frost with Cream Cheese Frosting.
1 tsp. Lemon Juice
1 stick Butter
1 box 10 X Sugar (approx. 4 cups)
2 Tbsp. Vanilla
1 cup chopped Pecans
- Mix first 5 ingredients with electric mixer.
- Stir in Nuts.
- Frost Carrot Cake.
|Three Layer Carrot Cake - YUM|