Texas Potatoes


I’m not sure if Texas Potatoes is the correct name for this recipe. My family knows it as “Jean Anderson” Potatoes because my neighbor, Jean first shared this sinful recipe with me years ago. It’s perfect to take for a cover dish supper, serve at holiday dinners, or simply make it and enjoy! Just try to find someone who does not love this!!!!
  • 2 lbs. Frozen Hash Browns
  • 1/2 pint Sour cream (8 oz.)
  • 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup (Cream of Celery works great too!)
  • 1/2 cup chopped onions
  • Salt & pepper
  • Corn Flake Crumbs
  • 1/2 cup melted butter
  • 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
Mix above ingredients and bake 45 minutes-350 degrees.
Note: Non fat sour cream does NOT WORK. Low fat sour cream is ok (kinda runny), but it is not recommended. These are too good as is. Just go for it...But not every day!!

2 comments:

msquare_arizona said...

We have this dish at all family gatherings. My son-in-law's mother gave him the recipe. Wonder where original recipe was.

Shoobie said...

I wonder what is the real name for this recipe...Have no idea where it originated. It sure is good! :-)